In Episode 60, Trev and AJ share what’s been keeping them (a little too) busy, AJ recounts the latest chapter in his “ongoing representation saga” (and indulges in his first official Industry Rant), and both offer their thoughts on some listener questions — when they feel the “right” time to take a meeting is, and what software options and books are out there to help you write a killer (and properly formatted) script.
Then Trev and AJ sit down for Part 2 of their kickass interview with the inimitable “web-frontiersman” — a literary invention of AJ’s that’s apparently sticking — Yuri Baranovsky to chat about the future of entertainment and the web, and how he makes a living with his production company, Happy Little Guillotine Films. Total running time: 1:09:13.
Good Stuff for Episode 60:
– Gospel According to First Squad has been extended! And it’s entirely Pay What You Can!
– Screenwriting software mentioned: Final Draft, MovieMagic Screenwriter, Montage, Celtx
– Story Creation Software mentioned:Writer’s Dream Kit, Dramatica
– A few screenplay download sites: Simply Scripts, Drew’s Script-O-Rama, Daily Script, …
– Screenplay books mentioned:
– Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder
– The Screenwriter’s Bible by David Trottier
– Which Lie Did I Tell? by William Goldman
– NoFilmSchool’s Advice on Launching an Independent Career
– Steal My Script – free original short scripts to make and mess with
– AJ’s earning some extra coin with TaskRabbit
– Trev’s earning travel rewards with The Travel Hacking Cartel (Affiliate Link)
Thanks for listening!