In Episode 222, Trev sits down for the first of a 3-part interview with actor Ben Mathes to talk about art as practice, as service, and as the foundation for living a rich and rewarding life.
Interview highlights (what to listen for):
- why and how to redefine artistic success
- why being a great actor is being a great person
- how artistic competition is self-destructive
- what the real work is
- and more
Trev and AJ also chat about “turning an abundant corner,” how and why to tune into everyone’s favorite radio station (WIIFM), and recap some of the most kickass stuff happening inside the IAP Membership. Listen now via Soundcloud, iTunes, Stitcher, or right here on this very page. Total running time: 53:54.
Also Mentioned in Episode 222:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Picks of the Week for Episode 222:
- You probably know to ask yourself, “What do I want?” Here’s a way better question (AJ)
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen (Trev)
- Ed Norton on The Tim Ferriss Show (Listener Pick via Jasmin Bristow)
Connect with Ben:
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from: