In Episode 231, Trev and AJ dig into the ever-awesome Inside Acting mail bag – featuring questions, comments, and stories recently sent by the community. Everything from trusting your gut, to what we can learn from treating acting like a sales gig, to avoiding scams, finding a good theatre group, and even quitting the post office to lay shirtless in the mud. Yep.
Highlights from Episode 231:
- where to invest time and money depends on the specific vision for your career
- what can we control? how – and how often – we show up
- auditioning is the job, acting for pay is the fun / play
- pay dues and get into rooms using sweat equity
- let feeling threatened be enough of a reason to find a new, more nurturing and more supportive tribe – but be present to the (understandably ambiguous) difference between experiencing a ‘threat’ and experiencing ‘discomfort’
- are they paying you enough to give up on your dreams?
Also Mentioned in Episode 231:
Picks of the Week for Episode 231:
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from: