In Episode 233, Trev and AJ address what *may* have been a bit of misleading marketing with regards to this interview series, and Trev chats a a bit about finding the overlap between self and expectations (a.k.a. “type”).
Then they join casting director – and outspoken pay-to-play casting director workshop critic – Billy DaMota for Part 2 of their updated chat, to talk about the history of workshop guidelines, and how their enforcement and lack thereof has lead to the current context and climate.
- THR: Pay-to-Play Auditions for Actors Gain Dominance
- DoNotPay.org (POV: against paid casting director workshops)
- BeFreeToChoose.org (POV: actors should be free to market themselves as they wish)
- Official CSA Workshop Guidelines
- Petition: Reinstate Scott David @ Criminal Minds
- Petition: Urge Officials to Stop Pay-to-Play Scams in Hollywood
Connect with Billy:
Picks of the Week for Episode 233:
Also Mentioned in Episode 233:
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from: