Happy New Year!
In Episode 262—the first episode of Season 14—Trev and AJ chat about making hard choices, how the way we do one thing is the way we do everything, and about finding the silver lining in endings, transition, and loss. Then they respond to a listener questions about going Fi-Core versus joining SAG-AFTRA before AJ sits down for Part 1 of his chat with prolific L.A. theatre casting director Michael Donovan.
“You’ve got to listen for opportunities. You don’t know what’s next. Pay attention—there’s a reason things are there.”
Over the next two episodes, Michael shares his journey with us—how he started (as an actor), what he saw missing in the casting process, and how and why he decided to step up to the plate and see if he couldn’t kick some ass on the other side of the table. In Part 1:
- Why Michael believes all acting styles (commercial, theatre, film) have blended together
- Why casting great talent is an intuitive—and somewhat manipulative—process
- The hard lessons he learned over-selling an actor
- Why every meeting is an audition for your career
- The perfect way to never get cast
- Why specificity is always the key
- … and more!
Mood follows action,
Picks of the Week for Episode 262:
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from:
- VO2GoGo – vo2gogo.com/start
- Rehearsal Pro – rehearsal.pro/IAP
- Rapid Reelz – rapidreelz.com
- You! – insideacting.net/membership