In Episode 265, Trev and AJ continue to unpack The Artist’s Way, and respond to a listener question about owning your voice (literally). Then Trev sits down for Part 2 of his chat with Producer, Executive Coach, and Performance Consultant Michael Balchan.
“Our global leaders are only able to do so much, and it’s really on us. To get to the next level of existence, it’s going to take each of us being our own leader.”
This episode goes deep. Michael and I talk about the power of taking responsibility for everything, what it means to reconcile our inner dictator with our inner stoic, the subjective and sliding-scale nature of good and evil, and why living a free, open, and generous life is hard-wired.
Mindfulness is the thread that weaves all this stuff together. If you’ve been struggling to see the silver-lining in life and society lately, dig into this stuff. This is where it’s at.
Also Mentioned in Episode 265:
- The IAP Artist’s Way Creative Cluster
- Awareness by Anthony de Mello
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday (Great free e-mail starter series on stoicism here)
Connect with Michael:
- Book: Meditation: What, Why, and How to Meditate (Hint: Breathe In, Breathe Out)
Picks of the Week for Episode 265:
- Minimalist Baker – Book // Website (Trev)
- Breaking Up With Success: How I Set The Finish Line on Fire + 2017 Review and Renew (AJ)
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from: