In Episode 267, Trev and AJ highlight some kickass DIY work from the community, talk about the recent crackdown on pay-to-play casting director workshops in Los Angeles, and share some thoughts on creating win-wins when it comes to auditions versus thrival jobs.
Then Trev sits down with director Bryan Beasley to talk about Bryan’s unique journey into the entertainment industry.
From Oklahoma, to New York, to L.A., from working for Sigourney Weaver, to getting fired from the last day job he’s ever had, to how leveraging contacts, community, and commitment, Part 1 of this interview is a refresher course in the basics: owning your talent, hitting the pavement, leveraging your relationships, and keeping your eye on the prize.
Be the solution,
Also Mentioned in Episode 267:
- From the Archives: Leah Cevoli Interview Series
- From the Archives: Alexandra Boylan Interview Series
- From the Archives: Going Pro (Workshop) with David H. Lawrence XVII
- From the Archives: Billy DaMota Updated Interview Series
- DIY Victory: The Brothers Phillips (Valentine’s Day Episode)
- DIY Victory: Right Hand Man
- Industry News: 5 Casting Workshops Charged in Pay-to-Play Scams (THR)
- Industry News: L.A. Mayor Backs Casting Workshop Crackdown (THR)
- Resource: SoundsTrue
Connect with Bryan:
Picks of the Week for Episode 267:
- The Invitation (AJ)
— Beautiful poem by Oriah Mountaindreamer
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows by Dr. Melanie Joy (Trev)
— A psychological deep dive into the invisible belief system of carnism
- WTF: Want Trump Fired (via Member Terra Patterson)
— A conversation on the nature of personal reality with Esther-Abraham Hicks
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from: