We unpack a lot of good stuff in this episode.
As per usual, you guys benefit (we hope) from the dual-mind approach of a co-host podcast:
I (Trev) have a tendency to see the world more analytically and intellectually—I like next steps, paint-by-numbers, big picture, mission statements, etc.
AJ consistently comes from a wholehearted, relational place—the practice of being-ness, and the emotional, intentional journey of embracing the unknown.
And with our powers combined… 😉
In this episode, we hash out:
- a few thoughts on navigating personal relationships and “intimate” scenes
- two things to focus on when getting yourself out of your parent’s basement
- industry-adjacent thrival jobs
- our take on how to cultivate focus in an age of distraction
- how to “strategically” join the Union (we’re biased)
- what—and what not—to say to your heroes and working peers
- and more…
And as always, thank you. You continually place your trust in us and the community in a very public way with your questions.
It takes guts to write in about the challenges we face as impressionistic, creative souls—to voluntarily expose ourselves to the world, to extend a hand and ask for help. That’s not an easy thing to do. But something magical happens when we go there: the world responds in kind. Tightness that loosens, lights shine a little brighter, colors take on a richer hue, and a safe space opens for people who may be in a similar struggle… but didn’t know how to—or were too afraid to—reach out.
So, thank you—for your vulnerability, for your honesty, and for your candidness.
We truly hope you enjoy this week’s dialogue.
Be a Star Wherever You Are,
Also Mentioned In Episode 276:
- The Gospel According to First Squad Reading—see below!
- Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuck
- The Power of Full Engagement by Tony Schwartz
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Craig Ballantyne Interview Series
- Michael Kostroff Interview Series
You’re Invited: A Special Inside Acting Event
You’re invited to an intimate reading of the award-winning play Gospel According to First Squad @ The Kirk Douglas Theatre on Saturday, May 27th at 6:30pm (doors at 6pm).
Trev and AJ are beyond stoked to be reprising their original, Ovation-nominated roles. Space is VERY limited—click here to reserve tickets ($7 each).
FREE admission for IAP Members! See the Events > First Squad Reading thread inside the Membership for details.
Please be advised: Recommended for ages 16+ for mature language and staged acts of violence.
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from:
- VO2GoGo – vo2gogo.com/start
- Rehearsal Pro – rehearsal.pro/IAP
- PrintHeadshots.com – printheadshots.com (use code “IA” for $10 off)
- BlueHost – insideacting.net/blue
- You! – insideacting.net/membership