In Episode 289, AJ continues his self-taping journey and dips into intermittent fasting, and he and Trev offer some thoughts on working (or not working) with reps who have a bad rap. Then Trev sits down (again!) for Part 1 of a conversation with director, animator, cartoonist, and podcast pioneer Doug “Doog” Bresler.
Doug is an incredibly creative guy—and a big reason Inside Acting exists.
As a director, animator, cartoonist, and podcast pioneer, Doug knows a thing or two about a thing or two, especially when it comes to working on the web: he’s been a self-sustaining creative for several years, working with the likes of Fox Sports, NBC Universal, YouTube Red, Google, Sony, and more.
He’s also a prolific collaborator and an idea machine. In Part 1 of our updated conversation, Doug shares what he’s learned over the years, how he keeps things in perspective, and even a few timeless principles you can use to uniquely position and market your own DIY work on the ever-evolving web.
We truly hope you enjoy the exchange.
Wisdom bath, anyone?
—The IAP Team
Also Mentioned in Episode 289:
Connect with Doug:
- The Rundown (on Snapchat)
- Video Game Life
- @dougbresler – Instagram, Twitter
- @doogtoons – Instagram, Twitter
Picks of the Week for Episode 289:
- YNAB (AJ) – essential budgeting and personal finance software.
- Chasing Coral (Trev) – a sobering Netflix documentary about the bleaching of the planet’s coral reefs
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from:
- VO2GoGo – www.vo2gogo.com/start
- Rehearsal Pro – www.rehearsal.pro/IAP
- PrintHeadshots.com – www.printheadshots.com (use code “IA” for $10 off!)
- You! – insideacting.net/membership