In Episode 292, Trev and AJ unpack how relationships (read: trust) are built through self-taped auditions, how technology can impair our artistic sensibilities—namely, focus and empathy—and AJ sits down for the second of his very candid, two-part conversation with actor and actorvist Kevin E. West.
There’s no holding back in this conversation.
Kevin talks about a few of the more glaring issues in being technologically “behind the times,” what he thinks might create the biggest and fastest transformation in terms of contract negotiations, and what YOU can do—yes, you! right now!—to make yourself a more informed actorCEO (because we’re all running our own business here, people).
And we’re grateful to have had Kevin back on to lead by example.
Hope you’ve enjoyed and learned from this interview series as much as we have.
—The IAP Team
Also Mentioned in Episode 292:
- The Official Live IAP Q3 Review (RSVP link)
Connect with Kevin:
Picks of the Week for Episode 292:
- The Shallows by Nicholas Carr (Trev) – a startling look at how the internet and apps are training us to be more distractible, and less empathetic
- Massdrop (AJ) – an innovative community-driven commerce platform
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from:
- VO2GoGo – www.vo2gogo.com/start
- Rehearsal Pro – www.rehearsal.pro/IAP
- You! – insideacting.net/membership