In Episode 296, Trev and AJ share their thoughts and perspectives on #MeToo, and the recent sexual harassment and abuse allegations in the entertainment industry. Then Trev sits down for Part 1 of an updated conversation with community favorite Michael Kostroff (The Wire, Wizard of Lies), a prolific stage and screen actor, and creator of the game-changing AuditionPsych101.
We couldn’t be more thrilled to sit down with Michael again.
A lot has happened for Michael since Episodes 225 and 226—not the least of which has been playing Robert DeNiro’s brother in the HBO TV movie Wizard of Lies, weathering a six-month casting dry spell, and developing an approach for how decidedly un-funny actors can reliably approach comedic work.
It’s a conversation that veers into the philosophical and psychological, offering a deeper look at how we, as creative people, relate to expressing the human condition… from the human condition.
And as always, Michael is the perfect vehicle, giving it all away with humor and humility, in service to the tribe.
We hope you love this new conversation with Michael as much as we do. Part 2 coming next week!
—The IAP Team
Also Mentioned in Episode 296:
- Membership: In Need of Thrival Job Advice
- Save the Date! Episode 300 Party – Monday, 12/11/17 (-ish)
Connect with Michael:
- The Weekly Curmudgeon
- Twitter – @therealkostroff
- Twitter – @AuditionPsych
Picks Of The Week for Episode 296:
- John Joseph’s The Hard Truth (Trev) – an engaging docu-webseries from an engaging personality
- Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire (Book 1) (AJ) – the first in an epic series of fantasy books
- The Mindbody Prescription by Dr. John E. Sarno (via Listener JD) – a prescriptive key to a healthy and pain-free life
Support for this episode of Inside Acting comes from:
- VO2GoGo – www.vo2gogo.com/start
- Rehearsal Pro – www.rehearsal.pro/IAP
- You! – insideacting.net/membership