We receive pitches every week to be a guest on the podcast – and while we’re truly honored and flattered (really!), here’s the thing: we can’t interview and feature everyone. We choose to highlight only the work of those we feel will offer a unique contribution and perspective for our audience.
If you or someone you know is interested in being a guest on the podcast, here are a few suggestions for an effective pitch:
- Please listen to the podcast and be familiar with our tone, philosophy, and interview style. (Sounds obvious, we know, but… you’d be surprised.)
- If you’re asking solely to promote your (or your client’s) career or product, sorry. That’s not what we’re about.
- There are thousands of people that book jobs, make art. We’re looking for people who can communicate their story in such a way that it’ll provide value to our audience. In your message, please describe the value that our listeners can expect.
- Contact us through our contact page. (We don’t respond to social media or voicemail pitches.)
- Send links to your work, articles about you and your work, any relevant websites, social media accounts, etc, so we can get a sense of who you are.
Thanks for your interest and understanding!
The IAP Team